Online shopping a boon or curse, Make out the secure sites from the unsecure ones!Now a days shopping online is easy and convenient, shop from your comfort from your home. Everything from a movie ticket to a machine. Online stores offer almost anything and the payments are generally made via credit cards. Online credit card payment poses a risk as well.
The problem is separating the genuine online store from the dubious ones. So before you embark on an online shopping spree and let out credit card details- give it a good thought! There is an online credit card security system, and is getting better everyday. As customers need a security assurance, the latest software solutions specializes in blocking hackers fraudulent intentions. Make sure you know the difference between good and bad websites- secure and unsecure. If the website begins with ‘http: //’ denotes an unsecured website, and ‘https: //’ denotes a secured website. The one with http: // followed by a‘s’ promises a pleasant online shopping experience. It’s ok to type in your personal information.
First rule is to shop online from your work/home computer, never from a public computer. Make sure you and your spouse are the only ones accessible to stored information on this computer. Prefer to store card information on your computer, and not on any site. While shopping online, before placing orders check out if the company has an email address, toll free number, or live chat – better all three. Never order from this company, if these are missing. If something has to go wrong, how would you know? Stick to the established company, and avoid experimenting with the others, it is safe as well as sure.
Use credit card when shopping online instead of a debit card, as the former card company protects you from fraud and may help you salvage your money, not true with the debit cards. Some credit cards provide virtual credit card account numbers for a single use operation, safety assured.Same goes when shopping online, never part with the social security number to any body, not even to retailers. Check monthly statements for double swipe transactions, amount details etc.
For a safe online credit card usage-
• Check for terms and conditions of credit card providing online protection.
• Never store information on the computer, someone might access.
• Stick to familiar sites, trusted and known to you.
• Check the web address beginning with a https:/ and not minus‘s’
• Never leave computer unattended in middle of an online purchase.
• Don’t use online card purchases from public computers/ wireless.
• Don’t download Software from sites, the key logger program, as it record the keys that you press and cipher your information, sending it to hackers.
• Avoid clicks on links in emails, accessing information/phishing may be a possibility.
• Use paypal or money bookers rather than divulging credit card details.
• Check monthly statements for transactions.
Stick to trusted and familiar sites -Online shopping is safe if you make it safe!
*See the online application for details about terms and conditions Every reasonable effort has been made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the offer you desire you will have an opportunity to review the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card issuer's web site.